The Essence of Small Ship Sailing
Wind Star is a sleek, 4-masted sailing yacht accommodating 148 guests. With four decks and a gross tonnage of 5,307, Wind Star feels like your own private yacht.
Wind Star features wide open, teak decks - quite unusual for small ships. Guests will find hidden nooks for private moments giving them a feeling of being on their own private veranda.
All staterooms have ocean views, queen beds, flat-screen TV with DVD player and Bose SoundDock speakers for Apple iPods. The Owner's Suite includes a sitting area.
Wind Star offers two primary dining venues. AmphorA restaurant offers gourmet, course-by-course cuisine in the evenings and Veranda restaurant offers casual buffet and full-service dining for breakfast and lunch. All dining is open seating. And, for dining under the stars, make a reservation for Candles which features steaks and skewers.
Wind Star amenities include: WindSpa, Watersports Platform, Casino, Lounge, Library, Pool, and Hot Tub.
Wind Star Facts
- Capacity: 148 guests
- Staterooms: 73 deluxe oceanview staterooms
- Owners Suite: 1 oceanview owner's suite
- Decks: 4 decks
- Crew: 101 international staff
- Ship's Registry: Bahamas
- Length: 360 feet (110 meters) at waterline; 440 feet (134 meters) including bowsprit
- Draft: 14 feet (4.1 meters)
- Tonnage: 5,307 gross registered tons (grt)
- Beam: 52.1 feet (15.8 meters)
- Sails: 6 triangular, self-furling, computer-operated sails with 21,500 square feet (or 2,200 square meters) of Dacron surface area
- Masts: 4 at 204 feet (62 meters)
- Engine: 3 diesel electric generating sets, 1 electrical propulsion motor
- Speed: 10 knots with engines only; up to 15.8 knots with prevailing wind
- AmphorA Restaurant
- The Lounge
- Pool Bar
- Watersports Platform
- Signature shop
- Wind Spa
- The Bridge (with Windstar's Open Bridge Policy)
Your Windstar Voyage Includes:
- All meals in all venues at all times, including 24-hour room service
- All non-alcoholic beverages, including cappuccino, espresso, and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks
- Welcome cocktails at reception
- All onboard entertainment
- Unlimited use of Fitness Center
- Unlimited use of all water sports equipment
- Informative port lectures and destination briefings